Call us first – Our contacts will be your contacts.
We offer a suite of services and support to innovative businesses and entrepreneurs. Many services are offered locally through our local service provider partners. If we cannot offer the needed services locally, we will work with our Alberta partners to refer you to the correct source.
Here are a sample of the services offered to innovative businesses and entrepreneurs:
- Business planning – coaching and assistance with preparing and updating your business plan. Also, GrowthWheel© certified advisors available for a 360 degree review of your business challenges
- Local networking opportunities – Join the APEX Business Network or other regional networking groups to collaborate with like-minded businesses and entrepreneurs
- Access to capital (loans) – Commercial loans available to start or grow your business
- Innovation vouchers – Apply for grant funds to help pay for a market assessment or other significant innovation and commercialization needs
- Training – Learn both business basics and also more technical skills to take your business to a new level
- Productivity improvement – Use cutting-edge tools and techniques to increase productivity
- Lean manufacturing – Take your business through a "lean assessment" and implement process improvements that can increase productivity
- Prototype development – Gain access to critical engineering knowledge and modern equipment such as advanced prototyping machines
- Intellectual property (patents) – Determine the best way for you to protect your IP. Referrals to patenting legal expertise if appropriate
- Mentorship – Learn from other entrepreneurs
- Referrals – We have access to a province-wide connector service to bring you the expertise you require
- Government grants – Path-finding through government grants and other support services
APEX and our core partners are operating on a not-for-profit basis, so most of our basic services and assessments are offered complimentary to innovative businesses and entrepreneurs. All we ask is that you keep us apprised of your future successes. We can help promote those successes providing valuable marketing exposure to your business. The good news from your success will also help to help promote the region as a thriving hub of business innovation.
(Note: In some cases, where we need to refer you to a 3rd party service provider, they may charge for their services. Those arrangements and negotiations with for-profit vendors will be your responsibility.)
To learn more about how you can access APEX services, please contact us.