APEX is a Regional Innovation Network (RIN) that supports the growth of innovative and technology-oriented businesses in Southeast Alberta. APEX is a collaborative initiative and partnership between five core service providers: Medicine Hat College, Economic Development Alliance of Southeast Alberta, Palliser Economic Partnership, Alberta Enterprise and Advanced Education, and Community Futures Entre-Corp Business Development.
APEX promotes a culture of innovation in Southeast Alberta through various initiatives, including:
- Business and technical advice to entrepreneurs and small & medium-sized businesses
- Networking opportunities to encourage collaboration among innovative business people
- Path-finding support to assist businesses in accessing government assistance, training, mentorship, and access to investment capital
- Promotion of initiatives to attract and retain quality people, companies, products and services
- Support increased investment towards the innovative capacity of Southeast Alberta
- Strategic support for Medicine Hat College education, training and applied research
- Facilitation of learning opportunities and knowledge transfer
APEX is funded in part by Alberta Innovates – Technology Futures (AITF) and is a proud member of the Alberta Regional Innovation Network System. To learn more about the provincial RIN system, visit the AITF web site. The various RINs collaborate across regions and can draw on each other's resources to ensure that entrepreneurial needs are met throughout the province.
APEX is based out of Medicine Hat and serves all of Southeast Alberta: